Thursday, September 15, 2011

6 Year Anniversary!

Ages ago, Love snuck an addon into my addon folder (something he does occasionally when he thinks my UI needs some "help"). It was a very small, very simple addon. So simple in fact that I've never had to update or change it in any way through all the years I've had it, it's always worked. And it only does one thing. Whenever I log on I get a huge poster in the middle of the screen that says "I Love You!" and one of the sounds from Love is in the Air holiday.

Logging in on any other computer means I don't get this poster smack in the middle and no sound, and it feels really... wrong. I've become so accustomed to it always being around that I don't like it when it's not there. And I don't even look at it anymore, I just click it away with a reflex and go about whatever I logged on for, but I still always notice when it's not there. And every now and then, I stop at it and remember why it's there. That it's been there through every change and everything new - something familiar and safe. I look at it and smile. The smallest, yet maybe most important of my addons.



Today Love and I celebrate 6 years together!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations.
    That addon has to be one of the sweetest things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I agree with Erinys, that addon is incredibly sweet. Never seen anything like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the name of this addon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sweet indead but the most sweet is that you missed it right away the moment it don't appears even when you're used to click it away within sec.

    Congrats both with you 6 years anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Erinys & Saga & Amerence & Asverze
    Thank you! :D

    @Serials
    It's called Secret Admirer and can be found here:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14529-SecretAdmirer.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Grats on 6 years, and many more! It's so awesome playing WoW with the person you love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! :D

    Despite being a lurker on your blog, I can't resist the call of true love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so sweet. Happy sixth anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Analogue & Minstrel & Vidyala & Maddy
    Thanks! :) We celebrated with tasty hamburgers...mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations both & what a lovely add on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grats to you both. wish you all the luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!
    All the best to You and Love,
    Best Regards,
    Gabbek

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Chloe & Bravetank & Cold & Gabbek
    Thank you guys :)

    ReplyDelete