Friday, February 10, 2012

Do you remember Chamber of Secrets?

I've always been quite fond of the event bosses in WoW, and over the years they have increased in number. I can't remember which used to be the first one... I can't even remember all the ones we have now. Off the top of my head; The Yeti, Headless Horseman, Omen, Ahune, Crown Chemical Co., and ehh... some other probably really obvious ones I've forgotten about already. Yeah, I'm getting old.

But they haven't just added bosses, they've actually also removed a couple. Or at least one. Lazy as I am, I often end up having really old quests left in the quest logs of my alts. And by really old, I mean fracking old. I've already told you about the time I tried to finish The Cudgel of Kardesh on my lock, a quest I have yet to actually complete (I'll get back to you on that). When logging on to my shaman the other day, I stumbled onto this beauty - Chamber of Secrets. Remember Karazhan? Remember the event boss they put in there over Halloween 2008 (although not actually connected to Halloween)? If the answer to any of the above questions is no, you've missed out (especially if you don't know about Karazhan! GO DO IT NAU. Or read this handy post.).



Chamber of Secrets was, as mentioned, a special quest to kill a special boss during the Scourge Invasion event that foreboded the coming of Wrath of the Lich King and Northrend. "Omg!", you're probably thinking. "Who, what, when?! Please tell me more!". Tenris Mirkblood was situated inside an area of Karazhan where you wouldn't normally go and he only had two drops, two awesome drops however - a remodelling of Arcanite Reaper, and a 100% raid wide little Vampiric Batling pet.

And a lot better than Twilight.

I don't remember the fight as being particularly difficult. Not the roflstomp loot-piñatas of event bosses we have nowadays, back then things like these were actually some challenge - but definitely a lot easier than a regular raid boss would be.

Bat to the left.

Just as a proof of how long ago this was, this was during the short period of time when I was maining a warlock, and for some reason I never got around to doing it on any other character. Look at that cute little thing. No, I mean the bat. So yeah, now you know I'm cooler than you. Or maybe just that I've played this game for too long.

1 comment:

  1. Our main tank of the time made sure we did it as the weapon turned into a rock guitar .. ah the good times.

    ReplyDelete