Tuesday, February 25, 2014

R.I.P Leia (070997 - 080214)

The more you love something, the more it hurts when it's gone. That's something I am pretty sure all of you have experienced, hopefully not too often. I am sad to tell you that my lovely little cat girl Leia has passed away, she would've turned 17 this year. I am writing this post because I feel like she, just has her brother who passed away 5 years ago, deserves it and because everyone should know what an awesome little cat lady she was.



Leia and Luke were the only pets I ever had (yes, named after the Skywalkers!). When I moved from home, one of the hardest things to move away from were definitely these two little rascals and I knew I would even miss their pain in the ass rummaging in the middle of the night.

Leia was so very curious, she loved running up to us when we came home just to see what we might have in your bags. She climbed everything she could see and I can't even count the amount of times we had to pull (yes, pull!) her down from the roof of my dads balcony because she couldn't get down herself. Our curtains took their share of her escapades as well. She quickly learned how to open doors around her which forced us to take counter measures to make sure she didn't let her brother out. In fact she hated closed doors and always made sure we knew that she wanted us to open them when we had them locked. Leia never shied away from vocalizing her thoughts or needs, but she gave twice as much love and attention as she asked for. Countless are the times she came comforting me when I was sad, it's like she knew.



Leia loved socializing and never went out on her own, she always wanted company. Taking a walk she used to run after us, meowing along to make sure we wouldn't forget her. When something happened at home she made sure to get a spot where she could sit and observe. She hated loud noises and would meow angrily if someone sneezed or did the dishes. She was playful and loved playing fetch. Her favorites were crumpled little balls of plastic bags that she wanted us to throw so that she could run off and bring them back to us. She'd drop them at our feet, look up expectantly and meow. She'd go crazy if there was promise of mince meat or chicken.

My sweet, lovely, beautiful little girl - I love you so very much and I hope there is someone to play fetch with you, talk to you and hug you wherever you are now. I will never forget you and I will always miss you. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, we know it will happen but are never ready for it it seems...
      Sorry for late reply!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your loss also, our thoughts and wishes go with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, and thank you for all your kindness to me and my blog, it's always been (and always will be) very appreciated. I am so sorry I have missed on all these comments!

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a friend is so hard. /sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed :( I will always remember her as my little girl climbing the curtains.

      Delete
  4. So sorry about your kitty, Zinn. Losing a pet is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We knew it was going to happen as she was getting old, but it is indeed still very hard.

      Delete